Leveraging Cloud Capabilities through Outsourced IT Services
Businesses need to improve their IT infrastructures in order to keep up with the continued growth of data being generated by diverse sources, and the corresponding need for advanced digital capabilities. Businesses are changing their models to support cloud operations which serve as virtual data centers for storing and quickly accessing information across a wide variety of devices.
Cloud computing is forecast to reach $162 billion in 2020, according to the IDC.
Software outsourcing can be an effective means of managing cloud operations when your vendor is using cloud-based systems and platforms as part of their delivery model. Regarding software outsourcing, Latin America will reach the fastest spending growth in public cloud services by 2021 with a CAGR of 26.2%.
Cloud computing versus hybrid cloud computing
Cloud computing utilizes a network of remote, internet hosted servers to manage, process, and store data instead of using a local server:
- Private cloud computing includes a private network infrastructure with all hardware and software exclusive to an organization.
- Public cloud computing is owned and operated by a third-party cloud provider and comes with shared hardware, software, and network systems.
Hybrid cloud computing is a combination of private cloud and third-party public cloud services, with an integration between the two platforms.
- Encompasses both on-premise and off-premise cloud solutions.
- Provides flexible deployment options for businesses, such as utilizing the public cloud for high-volumes of low-security data or the private cloud for more sensitive, financial-based data.
How outsourcing can help you take advantage of cloud computing
Integrating a cloud infrastructure into your business environment can cost a lot of time, money, and employee resources to build and maintain, even if it saves you money in the long run.
Nearshore software outsourcing is an ideal method of strengthening and improving your company's IT infrastructure without devoting internal resources to the task as reputable outsourcing agencies can act as an extension of your own company. Software outsourcing companies are already operating with the latest digital technologies and feature the skills of experienced personnel that can handle your cloud computing requirements at competitive costs. Look for a vendor that has integrated cloud-based services into their delivery model.
Frost & Sullivan predicts that infrastructure-as-a-service market in Latin America will reach $4.79 billion by 2021 as companies leverage the cloud to support their digital transformation strategies. This means that organizations are realizing the proven benefits of outsourcing cloud capabilities as a way to extract the most capabilities from cloud computing.
Business benefits of cloud-based outsourcing
Nearshore outsourcing solutions for your cloud operations can offer numerous business advantages:
- Agility: Choosing to outsource cloud services can you give your company the freedom to work from any location, whether it's in the office, at home, or any remote location. Information stored in the cloud can be accessed from any smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer for increased efficiency and productivity.
- Scalability: Cloud environments are perfect for organizations of any size, as well as for companies that are experiencing continued growth or are scaling down their operations. Scalability features include on-demand resources to help meet a variety of business needs.
- Pay for usage: Flexible pay-for-usage pricing models enable businesses to control expenditures based on their unique cloud computing needs. It also eliminates the expenses of setting up and managing a cloud computing infrastructure.
Vetting reliable cloud solution providers
When selecting an outsourcing vendor that includes cloud computing as part of their delivery model, or when implementing your own cloud computing strategy, there are a few things to consider:
- Evaluate vendors so you can select the one that best meets your unique needs
- Look for high-quality customer service.
- Ensure that security requirements are met and a contingency plan is laid out
PSL delivers high-quality software engineering solutions by mastering advanced processes and technologies, such as big data, machine learning, and DevOps, among others. The company's reliable nearshore model, coupled with its top-tier, extensively trained software engineers, allows for efficient agile iterations and a focus on continuous experimentation.